Sunday, April 14, 2013

I rock / metal music the devil do not display a mom can do?

musictipsandhints.blogspot.com ® I rock / metal music the devil do not display a mom can do?

Topic courtesy of Katy W: What can I do to show my mom that rock/metal music isn’t satanic?

I really like the bands Slipknot, Mudvayne, Avenged Sevenfold ect. She now all of a sudden thinks I’m am going to hell because I’m listening to “Devil Music”. I need to show her some songs with good lyrics, or at least something that won’t get her confused with lyrics. So please tell me if you know any good songs!


This really is all about What can I do to show my mom that rock/metal music isn’t satanic? that you can preferably should resolve difficulties for their own reasons. With some luck , this will aid in several ways, and formulate everything better. With the expectation all about What can I do to show my mom that rock/metal music isn’t satanic? might be the most efficient in time.
Most practical answer:


Answer by Daviel Q
show her something like Norma Jean, The Chariot, or any of the other Christan metal bands out there


lyrics for the Chariots song “And Shot Each Other”


Embrace reaction. We ain’t god, but here he comes.

Destiny is real and she comes with a smile. Passing by your grave.

Reach the plague. Black plague.

In this city that never speaks and wakes up swinging, we will paint the rivers red.

It’s fate, because they sing the same songs and they just keep singing.

But up above every storm is the day. Shake hands with fate, and with fate shake hands.

How happy is every child of grace, who feels his sins forgiven.

This world, he cries, is not my place. I seek a place in heaven.

A country far from mortal sight, yet oh, by faith I see!

The land of rest, the saint’s delight, a heaven prepared for me.

Oh, what a blessed hope is ours while here on earth we stay.

We more than taste the heavenly powers and antedate that day.

We feel the resurrection near.

Our life in Christ concealed and with his glorious presence here our earthen vessels filled.


Answer by mike
yeah my mums pretty much the same. play her sweet dreams by marilyn manson even my mum likes that


Answer by Jeff
Never walk alone, trust, and she-wolf by megadeth.


Answer by Abbath Doom Occulta
Show her Burzum, Mayhem and Gorgoroth, for comparison.


If she isn’t impressed, look up something like the biography on wikipedia or something. If Slipknot says something about Satan, it’s for ****s and giggles. When Burzum, Mayhem, and Gorgoroth do it, they aren’t ****ing around.


Answer by strange-artist
“Stryper” is a metal band & they’re christian


Answer by Tressa Marie
A lot of rock music is satanic get the video seriouse “I Sold My Soul To Rock and Role” You will have a whole different version of rock when you are done watching that. Stryper is not actually Christian They may say they are but they totally are not.


Answer by JessicaLauren♥
ya try listening to only christian metal bands when your around her like flyleaf and crap.


i have the same problem my dad told me i was a demon el.OH.el


Answer by Your Ponce and Savior
I’ll be 37 on Monday and I heard the same thing from my parents 20+ years ago. Hate to break it to you, but you cannot change her mind. Even now my mom disapproves of my “devil” music. How old are you?


Answer by 007
Not to be like a politician and answer a question with a question but how can she prove that it is satanic? Most metal IS NOT satanic. She hears the intensity of the music and it might scare her. People are scared of what they do not know. Now if you were listening to morbid angel or king diamond then you would have a problem. Go to wikipedia.com and do some research.


Answer by Nick C
Silly woman. People thought the same thing about Jerry Lee in the 50s, or Elvis singing “n***er music”. Tell her there’s nothing in the bible saying “thou shalt not listen to metal:” the satanic link was invented by paranoid conservatives in the 80s who were scared of Ozzy’s image and antics on stage.


Answer by kimmi
show her lyrics…?


other than that, why do you need your mother’s approval?

hitler listened to classical music, does that make it nazi music??


the devil wears prada, dogs can wear beards all over (i think it is that one) play the song, let your mom tell you what she thinks, then show her the lyrics.


tel her that the actual music and pure raw talent in important in the music as well, the guitar solos :O omfg.


also, you could play her a song from a band that is considered satanic, like dimmu borgir maybe, and let her see what a different sound they have and tell her that is satanic to get her off your case (this is only to get her off your case


stuff your mother


Answer by kazera
Hmmm.. let’s take a glimpse of some of Slipknot’s lyrics..”If you’re 555, then I’m 666!”. I can understand your mom’s fear there.


Maybe you can sit down with her and your counselor and work these things out, so that she’s OK with you worshiping the “morning star”.


OR, you could attempt to convince her that the Devil doesn’t nor did ever exist and Heaven & Hell are of our own creation.


Likely, none of these options will work for you, and your mother will hate you. Your relationship will dwindle and you will both become alcoholics, staring out your windows at night cradling a bottle of Jack, wondering the other one is doing and if they’re thinking about you.


Perhaps, a little dramatic.. **waits for 27 thumbs down and flying tomatoes**


Answer by Dan M
Your Mother is a weird woman. Why would you need to prove yourself anyway it’s your mother who has the probel not you. Tell her to listen to her Michael Buble or whatever.


Answer by Fingertoes
Just say, “Mother, metal is not satanic. Fingertoes says so!”


Answer by chris G
“High Priest waiting dagger in hand, spilling the pure virgin blood!” I’m pretty sure the bands you listen to do not have sweet lyrics like that. Your mom should be cool.


Answer by David
Dragonforce!!!

Totally clean, totally awesome speed metal.


Answer by christopher_thelen
Unfortunately, parents tend to be closed-minded in regards to what their kids listen to (and, being a parent of three, I have every right to say that). Best advice I can give you is to keep leading your life the best that you can, and show your mom that you can make your own decisions about good and bad, and not be influenced by anything you listen to. Sooner or later, she will come to realize that a rational person cannot and will not be influenced by the music they listen to.


And if that doesn’t work, tell her that Barry Manilow is a high priest in the Church of Satan.


Answer by pigenteringbear
try showing her ‘reign in blood’ by slayer.


but seriously you probably are going to hell because of your shitty taste in music


Answer by synysters_vengeance
well for starters Avenged Sevenfold is a biblical term. They tried to get there name form the bible.

Also i can give you a few christian bands:

Attack Attack

Blessthefall

Family Force 5


also you can tell her screaming is not satanic, most people use screaming a way to relieve anger.


Answer by gimmeacookie57
yeah try listening to canibal corpse


Answer by stars12345689
I trust in you for life to live, and air to breath.

Purity fills my lungs.

I no longer live in solitude.

No longer bound.

My heart beats with great devotion.

This is the start to a new beginning.

On my knees praying for mercy.

Hands raised high, humble and broken. Wanting your grace.

Wanting your security.

Memories of laying facedown, motionless, with such a hollow feeling inside.

Soon I would end this life I was living.

I am just a man with a heart and sinful hands.

I am a fallen victim.

Lord, show me the way. I ask of you Father, let my words be your words.

Let my thoughts be your thoughts.

To you, I give my praise.

Show me the way. Take me in your arms. Never let me go.

Lord, show me the way, as I give myself to you.

Never let me go.

Hold me with your everlasting love.

Be my strength. Be my voice. Be my glory. Set me free.


That is The lyrics for Redemtion by August burns red.


I heard a voice through the discord

A deluge of passersby

I saw one gaze frozen in time

Watching me passing by


And I swear I’ll know your face in the crowd

And I’ll hear your voice so loud

When you’re whispering


Hey unfaithful I will teach you

To be stronger, to be stronger

Hey ungraceful I will teach you

To forgive one another.


Here’s my kiss to betray (Kiss to betray)

Desperate to brush the lips of grace (Brush the lips of grace)

Do you feel hollow when you think of how I lied?


Oh sweet angel of mercy

With your grace like the morning

Wrap your loving arms around me

Oh sweet angel of mercy

With your grace like the morning

Wrap your loving arms around me


Hey unfaithful I will teach you

To be stronger, to be stronger

Hey ungraceful I will teach you

To forgive one another


Hey unfaithful I will teach you

To be stronger, to be stronger

Hey unloving

I will love you

I will love you

I will love you


And Jesus I’m ready to come home

Jesus, I’m ready to come home(home)

home (home)

I’m ready to come (home)

Hey Unfaithful

Hey Ungraceful

Hey Unloving

I will love you

Hey Unloving (Hey Unloving)

I will love you


That was Some will seek forgiveness and other escape by UnderOath lyrics


Answer by seventhinningstreach
i have the same problem.

i listen to MyChildren MyBride around her cuz i think they’re a christain band. and the lyrics arn’t bad


Answer by Thrash Aholic
Well i would show her the lyrics to kreator’s ‘awakening of the gods’ its about god same with slayer’s ‘disciple’ good lyrics about Jesus and Christianity and those songs are a lot better than that nu metal pussy shit


Answer by Ken
Personally I love All three of those bands. Slipknot MIGHT…A7X has meanings in their songs…Try the SOng Betrayed or the Song lost. Betrayed is a tribute to Dimebag Darrel from Pantera and Lost is saying Humans love war too much and we should stop…those are some of the things I get from them…have her listen to songs that have full meaning and I hope it works out for you


Cheers!


Answer by High Priest of the shredi
dude, its easy. a lot of parents think that music is bad simply because it SOUNDS evil. But even some of the most grisly SOUNDING bands are talking about stuff thats not so bad.


Norwegian Black metal band Immortal for example is associated with black magic and devil worshipping, when really their music is about fictional wars and battles in kings, in the frozen fiction kindom of Blashryykh.


DEATH, one of the most seminal bands ini teh creation of death metal wrote most of their songs about real life monstrosities, such as the mistreating of the Leper colonies, children born addicted to cocaine from their drug addled parents, and the mysteries of perhaps waking up blind one day and seeing the world through your dreams alone.


these musics sound evil, but the lyrics are usually either fictional and fun, or they are very meaningful and deep. If you look for the right bands, they are easy to find. the term “Devil” music is ridiculous. its just music. Do you watch horror movies? if you do, then listen to cannibal corpse! its the same damn thing!


Answer by bug girl
haha just start blaring STRYPER when she’s around. That’s the farthest from “devil music” as I know! Dude, I understand. All my mom listens to is real soft rock/pop music from way back when, and while I can tolerate it for a car drive (she drives with the radio on too) it’s not my cuppa tea, but my mom can’t STAND the (much) harder stuff that I listen to. She cringes and is like, “can’t we listen to something else?” and I go “ugh. Sure.” And then put my headphones on.


Answer by Ariana
Some christian metal bands.


Detritus


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HY_5jeGXP9M


Vengeance Rising


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WW92LzNueAo


Incubus (the death metal one) I absolutely LOVE this album


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nF9Mjufpv_Y&feature=related


Figure out far better?

Add your ultimate answer while in the comments!

I rock / metal music the devil do not display a mom can do?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive