Tuesday, April 2, 2013

How do I reset the “opens” for MP3 files?

Consult from Terry B: How do you reset the “opens with” for mp3 files?

I have gone to Folder Options, I am running Win 98SE and I can’t find a file type for mp3. When I click on any of my mp3 files, Irfanview tells me it doesn’t have the dll file to open it. I don’t want Irfanview to open it, I want my Windows Media Player to open it. What am I doing wrong? Why isn’t MP3 listed as a file type in my Folder options? Also can I change the mp3 “opens with” option somewhere else? Thanks all!!!

Since I was having problems with Irfanview trying to open my mp3 files, I uninstalled it and reinstalled Irfanview. When the Irfanview install manager asked about file associations I checked “images only” and now my mp3 files have all defaulted to the Windows Media Player.


Nevertheless this is tips concerning How do you reset the “opens with” for mp3 files? that you may possibly should really solve dilemmas theirselves. I hope this element helps in lots of ways, and help make your life greater. In hopes tips concerning How do you reset the “opens with” for mp3 files? may well be a solution at some point.

Most practical answer:


Answer by MasterInsan0

Here’s a link that should help you:


http://forums.techguy.org/tech-tips-tricks/117249-file-associations-win98se.html


There are also ways to do this by editing your registry, but doing so can cause more damage than harm if you don’t know what you’re doing, so I wouldn’t advise trying it.


Also, some programs, like Winamp, have an option in their preferences to restore file associations. You might check your version of Windows Media Player for such an option.


Figure out better?

Leave your ultimate answer as part of his comments!


mp3 experiment


View as a result of mp3 experiment


Lizz and I attended latest the "mp3 experiment." How it works: depending on the season of your birth, you download an mp3, put it on your player, and show up in one of four designated spots in the park. Everyone hits "play" at the same time and engages in a near-synchronous event through the park… This was my gathering spot (spring).


How do I reset the “opens” for MP3 files?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive