Sunday, March 31, 2013

Where backup my song on my iPod to iTunes How do I find?

Issue merely by ifeelinfinite♥: Where do I find the my songs that iTunes backed up on my iPod?

My songs were deleted off my ipod touch. i plugged it into my computer and it still says 5 Gs of memory are still being used but it is labeled as “other” instead of “music”. then i remembered that iTunes would automatically back up my ipod. where do i find the “other”?


That may be info on Where do I find the my songs that iTunes backed up on my iPod? that you might will want to clear up problems without any assistance. Hopefully this will assist you in lots of ways; and also make the way you live much better. Wishing info on Where do I find the my songs that iTunes backed up on my iPod? just might be the most effective results sooner or later.

Best solution:


Answer by man290663@btinternet.com

it backs up settings OTHER than music.


if the songs are on itunes you need to restore it in itunes as the ‘other’ indicates the memory has become corrupted (it happens with a players occasionally).


the other is the composite corrupted file and is unusable and need to be reformatted using the restore.


ITUNES/IPOD 101:_1


The ipod is designed to work with and be the slave to itunes on the computer to which its paired.


If you do not pair a ipod to a computer you cannot alter its settings.


If you pair your ipod to a new computer it overwrites what’s on it.


Simply dragging music onto an ipod does NOT make that music playable it then acts as hard disk. To make the music playable you MUST use itunes to sync with it as only itunes can put the music files in the correct file names (not the same as on the computer) in hidden folders and create the hidden indexes for them to be playable.


I suggest copying the contents of the “iTunes Music” folder on your old computer onto the new one by USB hard disk, USB Flash memory or DVD-r


You cannot transfer music from an ipod to itunes as Itunes is the MASTER location of the music files. if you NEED to transfer music form your ipod to the computer as you have lost the original you need a 3rd party application (I use Yamipod for mac) but a whole range can be found on www.versiontracker.com and enter ipod transfer in the search box under your operating system.


once you have the utility installed run it and close itunes! connect the ipod (if itunes starts up and asks if you want to pair say NO and close itunes again). then with the utility transfer the songs form the ipod to your hard disk.


Then disconnect the ipod, START itunes… drop the files you have just transferred onto the itunes Library and once the files have been copied into the library you can delete the originals (NEVER MOVE or touch the itunes folder on your computer otherwise you will lose the music let itunes manage it for you).


Now reconnect the ipod and when it asks pair say YES and it will transfer the music to your computer.


When you pair the ipod to a computer it erases ALL the previous library and tracks and replaces it with what the current computer want it to.


if you want to erase the ipod you select RESTORE form the ipod’s tab in itunes then it re formats and re installs the ipods firmware resetting everything to default values and removing the lock (except for the touch which asks for the code to allow this)


the ipod needing a master player to sync with is NOT unique to apple Creative, Zune, Sony al have one of one sort or another.


the Master files are on the computer in the itunes library and you really need to back these up directly. When you PAIR an iPod with a computer it erases all songs on it!!! and deletes pairing with original computer.


Be sure greater?

Leave your very own answer as part of his comments!


Music Box


Concept just by Music Box


This music(-al) box plays Tchaikovsky’s "Swan Lake".


Where backup my song on my iPod to iTunes How do I find?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive